Marketing is about helping people.
I’d recommend reading, “Why I Am Not An Influencer” by Dennis Yu. That article really touches upon what it means to add value and have influence.
I’m sure there are a ton of articles on this, but more than anything I’d recommend thinking about everything from a giving prospective. No one who is busy just wants to help you. The reason you’ll get clients or generate sales surely has to do with marketing, yes, but it’s due more to the fact that your offer is something that is of benefit to the other person.
Noah Kagan tweeted a long time ago the following and I think it’s just so damn true…
The secret to marketing is…. Build a great product.
— noah kagan (@noahkagan) January 9, 2017
If you have a great product or service people will freak out about buying it.
Here are some of my favorite articles on marketing and customer acquisition. 🙂
- How to Grow Your Personal Brand Online – by Neil Patel
- Driving massive results from Facebook for $1 per day – Dennis Yu
- 37 Tactics I used to grow my company to $50k/month in sales without spending a penny on marketing – Jesse Leimgruber
- How To Calculate & Increase Customer Lifetime Value – Tommy Walker
- How to Secure Guest Posts on Forbes, Inc & WSJ – Sujan Patel
- How I Grew Mint.com from Zero to 1 Million Users – Noah Kagan
- How to Use Excel and Google Sheets to Organize Your Marketing Efforts – Neil Patel
- 28 Business-Boosting Marketing Activities You Can Do in 1 Hour or Less – Neil Patel
- How to Create 10x Content – Whiteboard Friday – Rand Fishkin
- 4 Strategies for Agency Growth That Brought in $4 million in a Year (Presented by Alex Berman) – Alex Berman
Daniel Wallock is a marketer, heart condition survivor, and published author. Daniel’s done projects with over 50 companies including BMW i Ventures, The American Heart Association, Amazon Studios, Girl’s Inc, and Sarah Lawrence College.